Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Neurologist appointment

We had our 3 monthly check up with Bella’s neurologist on Monday. She is pleased with Bella’s progress and puts her at a 12 – 14 month old in terms of her development. What I am pleased about is that she put her gross motor, fine motor and speech skills all at roughly the same level. I know in some areas it’s a bit more or a bit less but I am pleased it’s all somewhat on a par. It does worry me that the gap between her actual age and developmental age is slowly getting wider but as long as she keeps on moving forward steadily I am happy.

Bella is so close to walking, I can just feel it. She doesn’t want to crawl anymore and she grabs my hands and marches off to wherever she wants to go. She is now starting to walk with me just holding one hand! We have decided to reduce her Tegretol dose slightly but to not wean it off completely. I am happy with this decision. The last thing I want is a relapse in her seizures.

We are going to do another MRI so we can see how her delayed myelination is doing and get a more accurate picture of the lesions on her brain. I actually found some researchers at GOSH in London who are researching stem cell therapy for cortical malformations . Up until now there has only been research done on stem cell therapy for cerebral palsy so I am quite excited to see what feedback they can give me. I hate to think Bella’s stem cells not being used when they possibly could be helping her.


A cute saying from Max: “Mommy are there herbs in dinosaur land?” … No why?... “then what do the herbivore’s eat?”

1 comment:

  1. I think you are wise about the seizure meds, as you said it would be awful to see her have them come back with a vengance.

    Hope you don't have to wait too long for her next MRI.

    ReplyDelete